Friday 5 February 2010

We have all been merkd.

'Super JT' has been stripped of the England captaincy. Absolutely the right decision by Capello.

Although slightly worrying to me was the statement from Capello about his vice-captain. I believed this to be Stevie Gerrard, but apparently it is Rio Ferdinand. Now, if I understand Capello's words correctly, then that would mean that Rio would now be the new England Captain.

Does anyone else find that slightly concerning? This is the guy who has been utterly destroyed by numerous defenders in the premier league this season-Bellamy ripped him to shreds the other night just as one example-, not to mention has been out for extended periods of time with injury. I do not even think he should make the starting eleven on current form, and do we really want a guy who came up with the absolutely terrible "you've been merckd!" catchphrase to lead our national team.

There are calls to give the armband to Rooney, but I am not sure about this. I think it is a huge pressure, with the weight of the nation on your shoulders. I believe we would get the best out of Rooney if he played with freedom and wearing the captains armband he is not going to achieve that.

Please save Capello, give the armband to Liverpool's finest for everybodys sake.

No comments: