Wednesday 19 August 2009

J'adore Chapter

We went to Chapter Arts in Canton last night for a film + food combo. We started with the food, the cafe still being temporarily housed in what looks like a school hall, until the refurb. is finished next month, but nevertheless it was a nice atmosphere, busy, and the staff were friendly.

As a vegetarian, the Chapter menu sends me to heaven, it is delightful to go somewhere, where the majority of the menu is veggie and vegan, and I felt spoilt for choice.

My brother decided on the gnocchi, which was lovely, and had some deliciously flavoursome olives in the sauce, this came with some ciabatta drizzled with oil. I opted for the chickpea and broccoli tagine with lemon and pomegranate cous-cous, which was simply delicious. We also had some pitta and homemade hummus, on the side, which was very nice, the hummus was not too garlicky, which I liked.

We did not have to wait ages for our food, but long enough that you know the meals are freshly prepared. I thought for the quality of food and the portion sizes, which were on the large side, that the prices of between £ 5-7 for a main was reasonable.

We finished the evening with a viewing of Coco before Chanel, the cinema was packed out, which is really good to see. I enjoyed the film though thought it could have been a little grittier, though Tatou was splendid as always.

All in all, a fab evening at Chapter, and I will definitely be returning soon.

No comments: